We are tired of being told to wait our turn; tired of leaving the game of politics only to those who can afford to play; and tired of seeing our brilliant sisters discount their ability to get involved because they are taught to feel “unqualified.” This ends now.
Platform equips you with the resources to engage in policy discussions both in your communities and with decision-makers. Under our pillar of advocacy, we create opportunities to link you to the legislative process so your voice can be heard in the rooms where decisions are made about your body, life, and future.
At Platform, we:
- Make politics accessible by breaking down pressing issues in our Policy Packs.
- Send the Platform Weekly to your inbox for a Sunday-morning rundown on the happenings in federal and state policy. We know enjoying the news seems impossible, but we’ll leave you laughing.
- Create a space for you to tell your stories and share your perspectives through blog posts. Want to blog with Platform? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Connect you with political thought-leaders and changemakers. Interested in hosting an event in your community? Email email@example.com.
- Support Platform campus and community chapters across the nation. Start a chapter by filling out the form below. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead a Channel Your Stories Into Change: Lobbying for Our Rights workshop to help you own the power of your stories so lawmakers listen and act. Bring our workshop to your community by emailing email@example.com.
In our first year, our community:
- Introduced a Congressional Resolution to elevate the voices, leadership, and needs of historically and currently disenfranchised and underserved communities in the effort to end sexual violence.
- Co-led a youth-coalition letter to stop Kavanaugh, which Senator Cory Booker introduced into Congressional Record during Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony.
- Hosted a three-day Convention that brought together 85 young women-identified delegates to learn from policy experts and keynotes like Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry, write and debate a legislative agenda, and lobby 31 Congressional offices on both sides of the aisle.
- Launched the Platform Pledge, which holds lawmakers and candidates accountable to championing issues important to our community.
We are united in a common goal of advancing feminist dialogue and policies. Together, our members are engendering a feminist movement that is intersectional at its core. We are furthering a movement that does not claim to speak for us, but enables us each to grow as better advocates for ourselves and better allies to the community around us.